Skip Main Navigation


We're Focused on Your Future

two student use a computer to register

At Otero Junior College we want to help you make that first step into higher education as smooth as possible. Our one-stop-shop the Student Services Center provides all the services you need in one location. With just one stop you can complete your placement testing, visit with the Financial Aid, meet with an advisor, get registered for the next semester and visit the cashier's office.

Apply Now

Getting Started

To get started download and complete the OJC Admissions Checklist and the OJC Student Agreement to  Pay form:

Note: The Student Agreement must be completed each term before registration.

You can also Download and print the Student Agreement PDF form.

Sign form and:

  1. Scan form and e-mail to Student Services
  2. Mail signed form to Student Services or
  3. Drop form off at Student Services.

Admissions Navigator

Begin your college experience today by using our Admissions Navigator. What would you like to know about?

Residency Status

For tuition purposes, students must be classified as either in-state or out-of-state when they are admitted. Classification for tuition purposes at state-supported colleges and universities is governed by Colorado statute. Before being entitled to in-state tuition, students must be domiciled in Colorado and fulfill specific citizen responsibilities for one full calendar year prior to registration. Those requirements state that a student 23 years of age and younger be required to provide proof of emancipation from their parents. Parents need to have entirely surrendered the right to their care, custody and earnings and make no provisions for their support. Emancipated minors who have been granted in-state tuition status are subject to reclassification as out-of-state if their parents resume support.

Students classified “nonresident” pay a higher tuition charge than those classified “resident.” However, students classified as nonresidents who believe that they can qualify as residents may obtain a petition for In-State Tuition Classification and a copy of the Colorado statute from the Student Services Center. Students must submit the petition plus required supporting documents to the Student Services Center by the first day of classes for the term they wish to be considered for in-state status. Be aware that turning in a petition does not guarantee that residency status will be changed. If the petition is denied and students do not drop classes by the deadline, they must still pay the tuition and fees charged for nonresidents.

Petition for In-State Tuition Classification

To challenge the ruling on the petition, students may appeal to the Tuition Classification Review Committee. Contact the Student Services Center staff for more information.

Residents of Alaska, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona and Washington qualify for a special tuition rate. States available for this rate may change each year. Check with the Vice President of Student Services for a current listing of states participating in the program. Contact the Student Services Center at 719-384-6800 for additional information.

Making a selection will open a new window. To return to this page, minimize or close the new window.

Making a selection will open a new window. To return to this page, minimize or close the new window.

Credits from Other Colleges

According to a study by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), more than a third of undergraduates transfer at least once, and 11% transfer twice. And, believe it or not, about one in 50 students (2.3%) transfer three times or more.

Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)

At Otero Junior College we realize significant learning happens outside of the formal classroom setting and often in the workplace or through your interest in independently learning about a subject. Through the Prior Learning Assessment Credit  process, you can have your learning evaluated regardless of where, when, or how you acquired it as long as you can document your learning and it can be verified at a college level.

Military Training

Students who have military training and experience can earn credit based on the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations on their Joint Services Transcript. For further information please see: