Instructions for Graduation Application
The full Commencement Ceremony for graduating students at OJC is held once a year, either the last Saturday in April or the first Saturday in May, depending on how the calendar falls. Make sure you have made arrangements to be a part of this special ceremony that will become a memorable milestone along your path of life-long learning.
Degrees are conferred to students who complete all requirements for graduation at the completion of fall and summer semesters; however, no commencement ceremonies are held at the end of those semesters.
If you anticipate completing your degree or certificate in the fall semester, complete and submit the graduation application in early November. If you anticipate completing your degree or certificate in the spring semester, complete and submit the graduation application by the end of January. Contact the college registrar/graduation coordinator for specific dates.
Procedure for Submitting a Graduation Application
- You may submit your application by FAX, MAIL, or in PERSON. Download the Graduation Application Form, print it and fill it out (you will need to have the free adobe acrobat reader installed
on your computer. You can download this program at www.adobe.com). Submit your application in one of the following ways:
- By FAX to Student Services at 719-384-6933
- By MAIL to Student Services, 1802 Colorado Ave., La Junta CO 81050
- In PERSON at the Office of Student Affairs
Be sure to include your cap size and height/weight on the application.
- You can also submit your application by E-MAIL using the online form on this web site.
- If you anticipate completing your degree or certificate in the fall semester, complete and submit the graduation application by November 1.
- If you anticipate completing your degree or certificate in the spring semester, complete and submit the graduation application by January 31.
- Spring graduates are expected to participate in the graduation ceremony unless otherwise approved by the Vice President of Student Affairs. Approval must be received from the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Your student account will be billed accordingly or you may send payment to the cashier at the address listed above.